What better time than Earth Day for an Aquarium visit? Join us as we unite with other zoos and aquariums for the largest combined Earth Day celebration in North America on April 24th from 10-3 pm! In addition to our daily dive shows and animal encounters, you’ll enjoy a variety of party-themed enrichment and Earth Day inspired activities including:
- How to: Throw an environmentally responsible party
- How to: Make old t-shirts into reusable bags
- How to: Make crafts from recycled materials
- Cellphone Drive: Bring in your old cellphones for us to recycle, and win a prize
- “Edventures”: Ask our expert questions about exotic pets and, learn about invasive pets and the effects of releasing these non-native creatures into the wild
In addition to these activities, we will offer refreshments including cake, and a ball pit for the otters! Because what kind of party doesn’t have cake and a ball pit with otters? We’ll tell you, an otterly boring one!
And the party doesn’t stop there! On Monday, April 25th at 6 pm, join us for a Beach Sweep located at 6th Street West, Folly Beach (The S.C. Aquarium’s adopted section of Folly Beach). So come to the Aquarium ‘s Party for the Planet and Beach Sweep to kick off the cleanest summer ever!