Please join us for the Holland Lifelong Learning Finale Discussion and Dinner! The Finale is February 19th at the American Theater from 5:30 – 7 pm with dinner to follow at William Aiken House from 7:30- 9 pm.
The Finale discussion entitled “Why Do Zoos & Aquariums Matter”, will be a panel of knowledgeable specialists and scholars discussing how Zoos and Aquariums are enhancing the public understanding of wildlife and the conservation of animal habitats.
After the discussion, join us for dinner and drinks including an open bar, hors de ’oeuvres and various chef stations. The panelists will also be in attendance.
The dinner menu is below:
Hors de ‘oeuvres:
- Mini crab cake
- Pork belly fired steam bun
- Tomato & mozzarella skewer
- Bacon wrapped scallops
- Charleston Seasonal Fish (grouper) with a citrus butter sauce, Joseph Farms Succotash, Carolina Gold Rice and Sage Biscuits
- Braised Short Ribs serviced with a fig demi-glace and baguettes as well as a haricot vert & shallot salad, Nico’s potato gratin
- Shrimp & Grits with Vermont cheddar cheese grits, fried green tomatoes and skillet cornbread sticks
There will be assorted mini cupcakes and coffee for dessert.
Spend the evening feeding your brain and your stomach with good conversation and good food! Buy your tickets here: https://scaquarium.org/lifelonglearning