Going Green is on the Menu at the Next
South Carolina Aquarium Sustainable Seafood Dinner at Wild Dunes Resort
CHARLESTON, S.C. — April 14, 2014 — Celebrate Earth Day by dining responsibly at the next Sustainable Seafood Dinner at Wild Dunes Resort’s Sea Island Grill & Lounge on April 22, 2014. Opening with a 6:30 p.m. reception, the dinner will begin at 7 p.m. Chef de Cuisine Jeff Miller is practicing eco-friendly customs as he prepares a five-course meal, accompanied with wine pairings, that blends traditional and nouveau Lowcountry flavors, all of which are sourced from fresh, local ingredients.
- Marinated snapper, hearts of palm puree, squid ink reduction
- Toasted quinoa crusted scallops, Leche De Tigre emulsion, avocado nori puree, charred lime salt paired with Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Gris
- Sous vide octopus, pickled green tomato, olive puree, grilled corn jus paired with Honig Organic Sauvignon Blanc
- Seared grouper cheeks, pickled mango, kale chimichurri, coconut foam paired with Four Vines “Naked” Un-oaked Chardonnay
- Swordfish escabeche, roasted corn and Andouille succotash, chorizo-Sherry vinaigrette, crispy leeks paired with St. Francis Chardonnay
- Dark chocolate cake, peanut butter mousse, dark chocolate ganache, banana bacon and peanut butter granola, salted caramel tube paired with Otima 10 year Tawny Port
Sea Island Grill & Lounge is always taking steps to go green whether it’s through recycling or the elimination of all styrofoam from the restaurant, kitchen and bar. Wild Dunes Resort incorporates practices and programs that respect and lessen the footprint on our changing environment. The South Carolina Aquarium’s Sustainable Seafood Initiative program coordinator Shelley Dearhart will be present to share information with guests about sustainable seafood best practices and how to make wise choices when eating out and at home.
The five-course prix fixe dinner is $68 for Wild Dunes Resort guests, $75 for non-Resort guests, including wine pairings. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to the South Carolina Aquarium Sustainable Seafood Initiative. Space is limited and reservations are required. For reservations and a gate pass, please contact Wild Dunes at (843) 886-2200.
For all media inquiries, please contact Kate Dittloff at (843) 579-8660 or email@example.com.