Work at the Aquarium
Please keep in mind that the South Carolina Aquarium only accepts applications for positions currently posted on the web page. Due to a high volume of applicants, we ask that you please refrain from making inquires. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Hands on working position managing a team-oriented staff of technicians. Assists in design of and responsible for implementation of the Facilities Master Maintenance Plan including scheduling, overseeing, recording, and performing all aspects of preventative and reactive maintenance and repair. Assists in development of and works within the department budget. Assist with various other projects and functions as directed.
- Adhere to the South Carolina Aquarium Policies & Procedures.
- Support and work to achieve South Carolina Aquarium goals and priorities.
- Maintains a highly qualified, motivated and diverse professional staff in the Facilities Department; delegate specific responsibilities.
- Encourage teamwork, personal initiative and accountability, and discipline staff according to our policy.
- Assist in departmental budget development
- On call 24/7. Responsible for 24/7 techician on call rotation scheduling.
- Monitor, maintain and repair the physical plant and equipment, including off-site facilities.
- Must be able to operate a company vehicle while meeting company insurance eligibility requirements
- Lead and support staff in providing the highest quality experience possible for our visitors.
- Monitoring, maintenance, and repair of all building systems.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the mission by participating in Aquarium sponsored programs and events on a regular basis.
- Provides service for building modifications and new equipment installation.
- Handles invoices and purchasing requests; keeps track of costs.
- Standing representative on the Safety Committee.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in all MS Office Products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Proficient with modern building systems and automatic controls for fluid, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Goal oriented with proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of all OSHA and safety related regulations for a public aquarium.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering or related field.
- Minimum of ten years practical experience.
- Prior management experience supervising full time staff.
Put Your Best Fin Forward!
Employees of the South Carolina Aquarium must adhere to the Aquarium’s Appearance Policy. Before you take the plunge, please read our full policy here.
South Carolina Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity and is a drug/alcohol screening employer. * Please note that by clicking the links above you will be redirected to a third party site.